Profile No. BD-0811, Procurer and Distributor of Natural Stone (2)
|Profile No. BD-0811
||Procurer and Distributor of Natural Stone|
|NAICS or Sic Code: 423320||Industry: Brick, stone and Related construction material merchant wholesalers.|
|Gross Sales: $524,206||Sellers Discretionary Earnings: $95,090|
|Value of Assets Included: $150,000||Inventory Included:|
|Asking Price: $350,000 - Price Reduction!
|| Only work 5 and a half months a year.
Description: This wholesale distributor of natural stone operates from the front range of Colorado with sources in both Colorado and Wyoming for their products. The procurement of the multiple varieties of stone takes place from the spring to fall and stone is only delivered to retail yards on a presold basis. Approximately 75% of their sales volume is to businesses along the front range with the balance going to other areas in the United States. 90% of the customers are repeat customers with the remaining 10% usually customers coming from outside of Colorado. Primary use of the stone is in residential and commercial construction and landscaping.
Started approximately 10 years ago by the current owners, the business has grown from one stone resource to now over four. The business is operated from the owners’ home and is operated only five and a half months a year. Customers place their orders prior to the season and products are delivered on a preordered basis. New types of stone are introduced in a way that prevents the customers from being overwhelmed while maintaining their current inventory needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to take over a well-established business with an excellent reputation for quality products and consistent delivery. The owners have all of the processes in place and a large part of the business is logistics from the acquisition of the products to the efficient scheduling and delivery to the customers. The business could easily be expanded and would be ideal for a husband and wife or two partners that could work in the business. The stone resources could be expanded and the customer base increased as a result of these resources. You don’t find too many niche opportunities like this on the market.